5/02/2010

SpaceMan low poly



I have recently discovered this wonderful DirectX Shader (link) and post production shaders (link) so I decided to test these shaders with a low poly model. After some thinking I quickly came up with a space man guy. I spent few days for the textures.


This is the first attempt in low poly model and texture drawing, so, pardon my inexperience, I learn a lot of things from this exercise like UV mapping, texture painting and space optimization.
My target is to build a papercraft of this spaceMan, that's why I didn't worked on bump and normals: I made directly the low poly object without hi-poly modeling and I directly painted the diffuse and specular textures. Next time!
I used this time also for discovery the directX shader and the real time visualization directly in the max viewport.








No comments: